Representative of an Overseas Business visa
The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa allows a senior employee of an overseas business to come to the UK to set up and run a UK branch or wholly-owned subsidiary of the overseas parent company. Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) can be achieved after 5 years in this visa category. No investments are required for this type of visa, although there are a set of requirements to be met. A Sole Representative of an Overseas Business may bring, or be joined by, their spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner and any children under the age of 18.
This visa grants entry for 3 years. It can be extended for a further 2 years if holders apply for it, providing all criteria are met.
Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Visa Requirements
- Applicants must be recruited and employed outside the UK by an active and trading business (whose headquarters and principal place of business are, and will remain, outside the UK)
- Applicants must hold a senior position within the company (but do not own or not be a majority shareholder, not own more than 50%) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf.
- Intends to establish a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary in the UK that will actively trade in the same business activity as the overseas business
- Applicants must be employed full-time as the sole representative of that overseas business
- Applicants need to have the skills, experience and knowledge to do the role
- Applicants must show English language ability to at least CEFR Level A1 (speaking and listening)
The applicant can apply for permanent settlement after spending 5 years in the UK, provided all the requirements are met.
Representative of an Overseas Business visa fees depend on each case. Contact us and we will provide a bespoke quote based on an in-depth assessment of your case.