Skilled Worker Visa
Skilled Worker visa is the main UK visa for skilled workers coming to the UK to work. Applicants need to have a job offer from a licenced sponsor.
Skilled Worker Visa Requirements
In order to be eligible for a Skilled Worker visa, you will need to fulfil UK Visas and Immigration requirements:
- You are aged 18 or over;
- You have a job offer from a Home Office licensed sponsor and the job offer is at the required skill level – RQF 3 or above (A Level and equivalent)
- You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B1 (equivalent to IELTS 4.0);
In addition, the job offer must meet the applicable minimum salary threshold. This is the highest of either:
- the general salary threshold of £25,600, or
- the specific salary requirement for their occupation, known as the ‘going rate’
All applicants will be able to trade characteristics, such as their qualifications, against a lower salary to get the required number of points. If the job offer is less than the minimum salary requirement but no less than £20,480, an applicant may still be eligible if you have:
- A job offers in a specific shortage occupation
- A PhD relevant to the job
- A PhD in a STEM subject relevant to the job
Skilled Worker visa holders are eligible for permanent residence, Indefinite Leave to Remain and citizenship, provided all the requirements are being met.
Skilled Worker visa fees depend on each case. Contact us and we will provide a bespoke quote based on an in-depth assessment of your case.