Start-Up visa is for new entrepreneurs starting their first UK business. To qualify, applicants need to have an innovative, feasible and scalable business idea which must be approved by a Home Office approved endorsing body.
The duration for Start-Up visa is 2 years. This visa cannot be extended. The Start-Up visa does not lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) unless the applicant has switched to the Innovator category, which extends their stay and qualifies for ILR three years later.
Start-Up Visa Requirements
In order to be eligible for a Start-up visa, you will need to fulfil UK Visas and Immigration requirements:
- You are at least 18 years old;
- You have not previously established a business in the UK (unless you previously held leave as a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur);
- You have been endorsed by an approved UK endorsing body that has assessed your business idea for innovation, viability and scalability and is satisfied that you will spend the majority of your working time in the UK on developing your business venture;
- Your endorsement letter was issued not more than 3 months before the date of your Start-up visa application;
- You intend to undertake, and are capable of undertaking, any work or business activity in the UK stated in your application;
- You are competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B2 (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking);
Start-Up visa does not lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR), unless the applicant has switched to the Innovator category.
Start-Up visa fees depend on each case. Contact us and we will provide a bespoke quote based on an in-depth assessment of your case.